Abhyanga is a traditional Ayurvedic massage therapy that helps to relax and rejuvenate your body and mind. The word abhyanga stems from two Sanskrit words, abhi and anga. Abhi means ‘into’, and anga means ‘limbs’, which translates to ‘massaging the body’s limbs’. This Ayurvedic massage involves the application of warm herbal oils on the entire body, from head to toe. Abhyanga has been practiced for centuries, and it is a holistic approach to healing that aims to restore the natural balance and harmony of the body through detoxification and relaxation. The Abhyanga treatment is customized to suit your unique body type or dosha; thus, our ayurveda experts carefully select the herbal oils depending on your specific needs to provide the best results.
Based on the conditions and requirements of the individual’s body type, the number of strokes and the amount of pressure applied during the massage also vary. The use of the herbal oils with the rhythmic massage strokes used during the treatment stimulates your nerve endings and helps to release tension and improve blood circulation as well as the flow of vital energy (prana) throughout the body.
Benefits of Abhyanga:
- Relieves physical and mental fatigue
- Improves blood circulation
- Improves the body’s natural detoxification process
- Reduces stiffness, tightness, spasms, and pain in the muscles
- Reduces pain and inflammation of joints by providing lubrication to the joints
- Promotes better sleep
- Nourishes the tissues and enhances skin health